Due Sunday, November 20
The purpose of this poster presentation is to transform your findings from you research paper into a “poster” format and then to present your information to the audience (your peers and myself) like a professional presentation. You will create your poster using Microsoft PowerPoint and then present the poster using Studio via Canvas. There is an example in your Canvas shell.
Here are basic instructions to get you started:
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint
- Create a “Blank Presentation”
- In the tool bar near the top of the page, select “Design”
- Within the “Design” page, select “Slide Size” and then “Page Setup”
- A dialog box will pop up, change the “Width” to 48 in and “Height” to 36 in, press OK
- Once you press OK, a box may pop up that says “You are converting to a larger slide size. Do you want to scale content up?”. Select “Scale.”
- Now you have your poster set up. Use Text Boxes to input your information. Have fun!
A couple other tips:
- I used size 80-point font for the title and 40 font for the information itself
- Make sure to include your name(s) and title
- Make it attractive and unique while keeping the integrity of the material
- Use your paper as a guide, include the following: Title, name, introduction, literature review, summary of findings, directions for future research, practical implications, and some references (you probably won’t have room for them all, include the most important ones!)