Meetings are usually held the third Friday of the month in the Rogers Media Center at 12:00 p.m. All are welcome.
Our February meeting will be held Friday, February 21, 2014.
Our March meeting will be held Friday, March 21, 2014
Our April meeting will be held Friday, April 18, 2014.
Our May meeting will be held Friday May 16, 2014.
Our June meeting will be held Friday June 20, 2014.
Our Fall kickoff meeting was held on Friday, September 27.
Our October meeting was held on Friday, October 18, 2013.
Our November meeting was held on Friday, November 15, 2013.
Brown Bags are usually held at noon on the first Friday of the month in the Rogers Media Center.
Our next Brown Bag lunch will be on Friday, February 28, 2014; Dr. Melvin Hill will present on Bell Hook's Writing Beyond Race: Living Theory and Practice.
September 6, 2013; Richard Garlitz, author of the winning proposal for the expenditure of funds from the 2012 book sale, presented on "New PML Materials on Women's Rights and Human Rights in the Contemporary Middle East."
October 11, 2013; Richard Saunders presented on Charles Mann - 1491 - 1493.
November 1, 2013; Lizabeth Wyant presented on Genealogy Resources for Beginners.
Membership and Meetings
- The Friends meet at the Paul Meek Library in the Rogers Media Center.
- Meetings are usually at 12:00 on the third Friday from September through April.
- Dues are $10.00 a year. The year begins in July.
- Any person, business, or organization may become a member.
- To maintain an organization of persons to stimulate public support of the Paul Meek Library through gifts, endowments, and bequests;
- To further the appreciation of books, of the printed word, and the freedom to access information in all mediums available to disseminate information;
- To bring together those who share an enthusiasm for books and other materials in the collection of the Paul Meek Library;
- To encourage the development of the community and the state through the use of the Paul Meek Library's resources;
- To support the Paul Meek Library in developing its available resources as a source for study and research for its patrons and the greater community.
Friends of the Paul Meek Library
City/State/ZIP Code: _______________________________
Are you interested in receiving periodic e-mail updates on the Paul Meek Library: Yes No
Are you interested in serving on a Friends of the Paul Meek Library Committee: Yes No
Suggestions for Community Outreach Activities that the Friends of the Paul Meek Library can Sponsor/Undertake:
Suggestions/Comments on Improving the Paul Meek Library and its services to UT-Martin and Northwest Tennessee?
Yearly Membership Dues for the Friends of the Paul Meek Library are $10 per member, per year.
Dues are payable to the Friends of the Paul Meek Library and can be turned in at the Library or mailed to: FOPML, Paul Meek Library, 10 Wayne Fisher Drive, Martin, TN 38238
Meek Literary Legacy Series
The Fourth Annual Meek Literary Legacy Series presentation will be held on February 13, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. in the Paul Meek Library.
Jeff Daniel Marion will speak on The Journey a Poem Makes.
The Series honors Dr. Paul Meek, for whom the university's Meek Library is named.
The public is invited.
Additional information is provided in the brochure below.