The next meeting will be our spring planning meeting. It will be held in the Rogers Media Center. The date is to be announced.
April 5, 2013; Noon; Library Seminar Room: Richard Robinson will present.
March 1, 2012; Noon; Library Seminar Room: Eric Pelren will present on the book The Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold.
December 7, 2012; Noon; Library Seminar Room: Lynn Alexander will discuss her recent trip to China and the book This Is China (written by alumna Ruth Nutter Stevenson).
November 2, 2012; Noon; Library Seminar Room: Sue Byrd will present and lead a discussion on Women's Issues in Tennessee. This topic will be especially relevant to the election.
Membership and Meetings
- The Friends meet at the Paul Meek Library in the Rogers Media Center.
- Meetings are usually at 12:30 on the third Friday from September through April.
- Dues are $10.00 a year. The year begins in July.
- Any person, business, or organization may become a member.
- To maintain an organization of persons to stimulate public support of the Paul Meek Library through gifts, endowments, and bequests;
- To further the appreciation of books, of the printed word, and the freedom to access information in all mediums available to disseminate information;
- To bring together those who share an enthusiasm for books and other materials in the collection of the Paul Meek Library;
- To encourage the development of the community and the state through the use of the Paul Meek Library's resources;
- To support the Paul Meek Library in developing its available resources as a source for study and research for its patrons and the greater community.
Friends of the Paul Meek Library
City/State/ZIP Code: _______________________________
Are you interested in receiving periodic e-mail updates on the Paul Meek Library: Yes No
Are you interested in serving on a Friends of the Paul Meek Library Committee: Yes No
Suggestions for Community Outreach Activities that the Friends of the Paul Meek Library can Sponsor/Undertake:
Suggestions/Comments on Improving the Paul Meek Library and its services to UT-Martin and Northwest Tennessee?
Yearly Membership Dues for the Friends of the Paul Meek Library are $10 per member, per year.
Dues are payable to the Friends of the Paul Meek Library and can be turned in at the Library or mailed to: FOPML, Paul Meek Library, 10 Wayne Fisher Drive, Martin, TN 38238
Meek Literary Legacy Series
The Friends of the Paul Meek Library will be sponsoring the Third Annual Meek Literary Legacy Series presentation on Thurs., Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. in the Humanities Auditorium.
The evening will feature Dr. Robert G. Cowser, Professor emeritus of the Dept. of English and Modern Foreign Languages. Dr. Cowser will read from his poetry chapbook, "Backtrailing," and other poetry.
The Series honors Dr. Paul Meek, for whom the university's Meek Library is named.
The public is invited.